|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Company DescriptionJob Description
Analysis and progress. An interesting and wide-ranging role that combines a focus on detail with a vision for improvement within a sophisticated international transport operation.
Samskip is a leading player in the field of international transports. Our ongoing success depends substantially on the timely and accurate preparation of reports and analyses, along with a focus on proposing and implementing process improvements. Do you have the skills and experience to deliver all this within a sophisticated and fast-moving business environment? If so, please read on to find out more about this high-level role.
An international role within a progressive and growing company
Samskip is a truly international company that innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal international transport solutions. With a turnover of more than 800 million euros, 1450 employees and offices in 24 countries (in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia) we are one of the largest transport companies in Europe. Based at our headquarters in Rotterdam you form part of a larger finance team, working closely with three other business controllers as well as accounting and reporting staff and managers, and various Business Unit and Trade managers. You report to the Head of Finance.
Accurate analysis and significant new projects
Your core task in this role is to assume responsibility for annual budgets and to analyze and report our results on a monthly basis. Based on the budgets and results you actively contribute to business and process improvements with just one goal – to support our business by providing valuable insights into the performance of the various business units.
You will also be actively involved in a variety of new projects and initiatives designed to have a direct and positive impact on our systems and processes. They include the implementation of a new reporting system, a project to reduce manual work in Excel, and a program to improve cooperation with other departments.
Within this context, your detailed tasks are:
- Reporting and analyzing monthly results, both for individual business units and on a consolidated basis;
- Making a significant contribution to the budget process;
- Acting as the first point of contact for all finance-related questions from the business, including ad-hoc analyses;
- Some financial controlling activities to support the accounting department
- Developing, maintaining and improving KPI dashboards.
A sophisticated arena for your talent and ambition
Samskip embodies the dynamic international logistics sector. The atmosphere is busy, open, and collaborative. Every day is different. Above all, you are free to display the full range of your talents and achieve ambitions that drive both your success and ours. To that end, you will have access to wide ranging development opportunities such as the online Samskip Academy. In addition, we believe in a good work/life balance and love getting together for team gatherings and events.
Samskip also offers:
- Market competitive salary including a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Company pension plan;
- Functional tools including smartphone and laptop;
- The possibility to work from home for some of the time.
Can you set ambitious goals and identify opportunities for improvement?
To apply for this position you should be someone who can control the financial side of our business down to the last detail. Deadlines are a challenge you love, and you deliver on them while helping your team and others to do the same. That requires you to be someone who can connect easily across our matrix structure while keeping a focus on key deliverables in everything you do.
At the same time, you have the vision to identify improvement opportunities, and you can inspire others to implement and achieve those improvements. Samskip is a rapidly changing environment in which you are not afraid to be visible, and you are skilled at creating order in the form of objectives, priorities, and targets.
The formal requirements are:
- A financial, business college or university education, for example in Financial Economics, Business Economics, Accountancy or Business Administration (RC is an advantage);
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar position, preferably in transport or logistics;
- Extensive knowledge of reporting, accounting, planning and control;
- Knowledge of and experience with IT systems, particularly SAP and Excel, but also modern reporting tools (OneStream is preferred);
- A high level of written and spoken English and Dutch.
Respond, right now!
If you think you are the right person for the position don’t hang around. Apply quickly via the application button on this page. Do you have any questions? Call us at +31 (0)88 400 1393 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.