BUSINESS CONSULTANT COMMERCIAL
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
A highly visible and impactful Commercial role in a company-wide transformation that will position our logistics operation for the digital future
Samskip’s company-wide strategic transformation program will equip our company for a logistics future built on sustainability, digitalization, operational agility, and customer engagement. It’s nothing less than a re-design from the ground up that will redefine the way we interact with our customers, partners and suppliers. This demands exceptional business input so that the transformation effectively supports the strategic and tactical commercial objectives. If you think you’re the person to deliver that while changing the mindset across our multicultural organization, please read on.
New thinking for international logistics
Samskip is one of Europe’s largest transport companies with offices in more than 24 countries and more than 1,450 employees. We are committed to innovating the advanced, sustainable and multimodal transport solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers and society. It’s fast, it’s fluid and you will be part of a company-wide change program that will enable us to compete more effectively than ever.
Provide essential business input for a new commercial landscape
This is a high-level role in which you work as a consultant to the Commercial business so that they seamlessly support operational excellence and customer engagement objectives and fit within the overall program priorities and timeframes. Thus you gather, challenge and develop Commercial business input to deliver fit-for-purpose Revenue Management & Pricing processes, methodologies and tools. You then challenge the status quo by developing and delivering new, concise, detailed and fit-for-purpose commercial business requirements and processes in line with simplification and standardization principles.
Reporting to the Head of Business Engineering & Transformation you will be part of a team of approximately 20 people that work in a consultancy-style matrix organization. The roadmap and funnel of the transformation initiatives is managed by the Transformation Leadership in close collaboration with the business and will allow you to continuously evolve to cater to the exact needs of each phase of the commercial transformation.
Within this context, your detailed activities include:
- Defining business requirements, rationales and benefits with key stakeholders and acting as a bridge between the business and IT in projects that require system implementation;
- Creating robust and professional documentation to engage stakeholders and accurately convey business requirements;
- Ensuring that the PM has all the required business inputs in line with the agreed program milestones;
- Providing/coordinating the business input for TO-BE processes, identifying any gaps from the AS-IS;
- Discuss and agree on trial and implementation plans with the business and PM that fit with the overall objectives and timelines of the program;
- Identifying SMART KPIs and metrics.
At all times you engage and collaborate with a broad range of business colleagues and leaders across functions and locations to ensure that initiatives are implemented effectively in all business units with clear business accountabilities. You also coach/train the business on new techniques and processes and facilitate knowledge sharing.
There is no better platform for your talents
Samskip embodies the dynamic and fast-moving international logistics sector. The atmosphere is busy, open, and collaborative. Every day is different and you are free to deploy the full range of your talents and fulfil your ambitions.
The Business Engineering & Transformation department has a primary focus for the next two years. Thereafter it will evolve to form the company’s centre of excellence for business consultancy and project management.
Samskip also offers:
- Market competitive salary including a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Company pension plan;
- Reimbursement for costs of daily commute;
- Flexible working agreements.
Can you seize this key role and shape our future?
Ideally, you have a background in Commercial roles and/or consultancy delivering transformation in a multinational company. In doing so you have demonstrated excellent operational business capability allied to excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
You have also gained a strong understanding of change management methodologies and a suite of hard and soft organizational, stakeholder and time management skills. By deploying these attributes, you can move our Commercial organization towards the future via a combination of action, resilience and patience.
It is important that you are at ease in discussions with business unit leadership as well as with other disciplines. This will enable you to influence others effectively. And Samskip is a very hands-on company so you can expect to create some of the details yourself.
The other requirements are:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in commercial or business roles, ideally within a Logistics context;
- Able to handle deadlines and schedules within a matrix reporting relationship;
- Able to perform a high level of process- and data analytics and mapping;
- An analytical and conceptual mind able to structure complex problems, make data-driven decisions, act on hypotheses, and identify opportunities for change and improvement;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentational and English language skills.
Don’t miss this great opportunity! Apply now
If you are excited by the prospect of tackling this fascinating and career-building role, don’t delay! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the position please feel free to call us on +31 (0)88 – 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org