INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND CUSTOMS ANALYST
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Do you have a Customs certificate, combined with broad experience with import/export classification? Then Astellas has an interesting job opportunity for you.
International Trade and Customs Analyst
Your job as International Trade and Customs Analyst
As International Trade and Customs Analyst, you are part of the Central Logistics Operations team, which is responsible for all operational logistics & distribution activities within Astellas. The activities executed, benefit from centralisation (higher efficiency, specialised expertise, consolidation, centralised oversight). Your main responsibilities in the role of International Trade and Customs Analyst are:
- Maintaining database of export classification codes, values and country of origin.
- Reviewing product descriptions and technical data to determine import/export classification in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and applicable trade laws and regulations.
- Ensuring that the customs value for shipments is properly determined and accurately declared to the relevant customs authorities in each country of import.
- Keeping required documents and records in accordance with Trade Controls and Astellas Policies.
- Addressing customs and regulatory agencies’ inquiries, and ensuring compliance programs remaining consistent with trade compliance regulations and corporate requirements.
- Ensuring Astellas’ continued compliance with trade policies and procedures by maintaining a relationship with Astellas Corporate Risk Management personnel or through guidance received from outside legal counsel specializing in international trade or external references.
Your personal qualifications as International Trade and Customs Analyst
- Bachelor degree, preferably in the area of Logistics, Business or Economics.
- Customs Consultant/Declarant certificate.
- Strong knowledge of international trade export/import requirements and experience establishing related process and procedures.
- Experience in critically reviewing and approving technical documentation.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project) to support project work and management reporting.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and working in SAP or other similar ecosystem is a plus.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
As International Trade and Customs Analyst, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with a very precise and structured way of working. In addition, you have the ability to interact with all levels and disciplines within the Astellas organization.
- A challenging job opportunity in an international setting;
- Inspiring and dynamic work climate within a complex matrix-organization;
- Attractive remuneration, which includes:
- competitive salary
- a 13th month
- excellent pension policy
- travel allowance
- health insurance compensation
- collective health insurance
- company own saving scheme arrangement
- 25 holidays + 13 so called ADV days
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
It is our stated aim in the VISION for Astellas to be recognised as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring, we are a highly effective organisation that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos; CHANGING TOMORROW.
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 16,500 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 11 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in supply chain, manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,200 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products. Astellas employs around 950 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button. A VOG and/or background check can be part of the recruitment process.